<< home page | list
Menu and Slide Help
For known issues see under Progress.
Drop Down:Feedback Form:
- The Drop Down Menu
- The menu is being constructed in stages. Please refer to the progress page for this information.
- Where a menu item does not drop down to an item showing a thumb nail image this means that the slide link for this item has not yet been added.
- Where a menu item shows a thumb nail image click this to see the picture and feedback form.
- Star ratings
How these are used is may be reviewed as more slides are added.
- Wedding Slides
So far none shown. I'm considering using a system that indicates the no. of people in the picture but watch this space!
Up to 5 stars are shown. The intent is to give an indication of the quality/significance of the slide. Feel free to comment or make a suggestion.
- The no. in brackets after the link name that is displayed is the no. of slides that are/will be listed.
- The no. of drop down rows has been limited to 15 and where needed a continuation entry is included.
- To see the whole list it may be necessary to adjust the zoom setting used by your browser.
- Feedback Form
- The form sends an email when the 'Submit' button is clicked.
- Please take care when entering an email address as for now there is only a basic check (using HTML5) of what is entered.
- If you'd rather not send your email address that's OK.
- If you want a copy of the photo we will need your email so we can send it to you.
- Slide Information
- Slide No.
The first character of the slide number has a meaning as follows:
Please note that when more than one film was used then these are indicated by 'n' being replaced with 'o', 'p' and so on and 'u' with 'v', 'w' and so on.
- An 'n': The number from the original slide.
- A 'u': The original slide was either not numbered or the number could not be determined.
- A 'c': The slide mounting was hand made with card. The number on the slide was hand written.
The picture of these 'made up' slides is smaller than the standard slide size. The camera I had at the time took half pictures on a 35mm film. Should you wish to have a copy and would like me to edit the picture to remove the surplus area please include a request in the comment box.
- Chronological Sequence
- Where the slide number starts with an 'n' etc. the chronological sequence should be reasonably reliable.
- However, in some instances there was more than one film set that could not be distinguished between. This is most apparant where a slide with an identical number is in the same list.
- Where the slide number starts with a 'u' etc. the sequence is unlikely to be chronological. The number follows the order in which the slide was digitised from where it was stored.
- Where the slide number starts with a 'c' there may be a chronological sequence. Its too long ago to remember the method used in numbering the slides.
- The processed date
This is the date placed on the slide when the film was processed. It is not necessarily the date the photo was taken.
- Have we made a mistake?
During the digitising our best efforts were made to record the date and number. If you think that we have made a mistake please let us know.